Nordic Refuge is an elegant and confortable Bed & Breakfast situated in Dalsland, Sweden. The B&B offer 4 large en-suite rooms.
Lakes, forests and incredibly beautiful landscapes await for you in Dalsland. Hiking, canoeing or just bathing will be your favorite activities while enjoying the beautiful nature around.
Situated in the small village of Fröskog in the heart of Dalsland, Nordic Refuge is housed in a freshly renovated heritage school building from the 30's. Soberly decorated with contemporary and classic Scandinavian furniture, its atmosphere is made of light, quietness and nature.
With protecting the environment in mind, we serve local and organic breakfast and use mostly ecological products.
The blooming artists' cultural center of Fengersfors Not quite ("a parrot in the pine forests") is a stone's throw away and the aqueduc of Håverud with the Dalsland's canal, the area's major attraction, is just at the end of a winding road.
with 3 large windows overlooking the valley, a spacious living room with a neat Scandinavian design.
4 large, bright en-suite bedrooms (attached bathroom), comfortable and with a refined design.
Each room overlooks the garden, the valley or the lake (with balcony).
organic breakfast with mostly local products.
Sourdough bread from Brukest Godaste, the local stone baking bakery, jams from Evenstorp Gård, an organic farm producing fruits in Dalsland, coffee from the neighboring roastery ...
half a hectare of quiet garden for playing or resting. You can enjoy the coolness of the Bell tent for a moment of relaxation.
Having conceived and running the B&B ourselves, we always have sustainability in mind.
Here are a some actions we take to be more sustainable:
- we serve organic breakfast with locally sourced products (Brukets Godaste bakery, Hansen coffee roastery, Evenstorp Gård jam producer,...), bought in bulk to avoid packaging.
- we propose skincare products from L:a Bruket, organic and made in West Sweden.
- we use eco-friendly detergents only (Svanenmärket, the Nordic eco-label).
- the sheets are made of organic cotton (GOTS certified) and the laundry service has a high commitment in sustainability (fossil free delivery, ecological detergent, multiple eco-label, Svanenmärken).
- 90% of the furnitures are second hands. The new furnitures (beds mostly) are made in Sweden.
- we are part of the local network to promote local employment.
- we promote the local nature reserves.
- the garden is managed in such a way as to promote bio-diversity.
- the house is heated with locally sourced pellets (sawmill residue).
- during the renovation, materials have been reused when possible. New materials (like flooring) are mostly FSC certified and made in Sweden.